Markus Keller’s spot on the International Volcom Snow team is way overdue... With countless covers, an Arctic Challenge overall victory, and a 7th place at the Torino Pipe-Olympics (with a fall on the last hit) it is high noon for this silent but violent ripper to get some recognition in America…
Whereas his fellow countryman I-Pod is all over the place and in four other places too, all at the same time, Markus is the polar opposite… Calm, reserved, and appearing to be shy, if you don’t know him. That is until the second he straps in, of course. Funny fact, then, that these two Chocolate & Cheese shreds are such close friends…
With the looks of Marky Mark (Quote Cody Dresser) and on-snow skills the equivalent of Dirk Diggler’s sheet savagery, Markus’ future looks bright.
This past winter he spent most of his time filming with Blank Paper Productions (David Benedek & friends) for their new upcoming snow flick, “In Short”. So, now that everyone and even those who didn’t know, knows that Markus rips, lets hit him up or for some answers…
- Describe us a perfect day in the life of Markus Keller?
Get a wake up call from your training-mates and get the breakfast served in bed by them. Work all day long on the erotic choreography for the evening show… and then celebrate all together after the job’s done!
- How do you like your pipes, deep and wide or short and narrow?
A combination both: Endlessly deep and narrow… so it doesn’t take too long from hitting one dancer after the other… and it lasts forever!
- Was it scary growing up in Switzerland? Were you involved in any drive-by shootings or gang fights involving Swiss Army knifes? Did you ever get dumped inside a chocolate tank?
Switzerland was such a scary place to grow up. There were always these gangs on the streets, that tried to steal your chocolate or cut off a piece of your cheese with their Swiss army knife. So sketchy!
- Got any sisters? If yes, are they hot?
I got a sister and a brother. Both crazy, hot dancers…
- What does your mother think of your career choice? You think she’d be happier if you had chosen to be a, say, plumber, rather than riding up 18-foot frozen ice-walls and throwing your carcass into triple-upside-down-flips for a living?
My father is a plumber (seriously, not kidding!) and my mother’s a dancer. So, to make both of them happy I chose to be a snowboarder… This way I get to work with pipes and do erotic moves in the air all day long!
- So what can we expect from you part in “In Short”?
Me doing erotic maneuvers “in shorts”, tight shorts!
- Right after finishing this interview, you’re off to New Zealand, and then Argentina, what do you have going on there?
I’m gonna scout for talens for next winters show team, practice with them and shoot some hot pictures together with them.
- Ok, how about next winter? Will we finally get to see you in the US more often?
Yeah. I plan to enlarge the show-tour and do more stops in the US. We will see how the show team looks like and where it brings me…
- Would you be willing to sell the advertising space on your board to really lame companies, if only they paid enough? How lame? Say Weight loss, hair growth, Crab relief ointments… CK One Cologne? For cowboys who frequently secretly show their fondness for each other?
As long as there’s enough sexyness involved then for sure! Keep it hot!
- Pipe contests ain’t easy these days. Global warming’s only minor compared to the battle against aggressive snow-shoe walkers and “drunken-apres-ski garbagebag ass-sliders” for tv- slots and on-hill audiences… Snowboarding needs to step it up. If we put erotic dancers on the side of the pipe in , the crowds will surely come back. What do YOU think of this idea?
Love it, sounds like you stole it from me..
- No I didn’t…Then the strip… I mean erotic dancers could shake their booty’s proportionally to your rotations. Or don’t you like the thought of competing against strippers for attention in the middle of a fs 10?
It’s not a competition against them. We’re one team and it’s one hot show…so it’s all about choreography and “teamwork”.
- Picture yourself at a lapdance bar somewhere in the alps because tomorrows contest is cancelled due to global warming, glacier meltdown, (the usual stuff) when the hottest dancer on location comes and rubs herself against you and offers you a free lapdance What do you do?
Take the lapdance or say ”No thanks, but can I have a hug instead?”
I take the lapdance to see if she’s really talented enough.
- All right Markus, we can tell you’re gettin bored… go back to packing your bags, & safe travels.. Eur (ok) though, we like you, but don't you fear the world might find this interview just a petit gay?
Naah, not at all, where I'm from, we don't worry about such, having someone threatening me with a Swiss Army knife, trying to steal my cheese on the other hand, now THAT is scary. Worrying about how this interview will be perceived isn't. Thanks for entertaining me during the endless flight to NZ though.
- Our pleasure, Markus, our pleasure...